The 2014 Phase V Petite Sirah is a beautiful deep purple color with a violet fringe. There are notes of tobacco, cigar box, blueberry, graphite and a touch of black pepper on the nose. The palate hints at sweetness and is rich with bacon, vanilla and blackberry. The full-bodied mouth feel is soft and silky with well-integrated tannins that linger gracefully and lead to a long juicy finish. This Petite Sirah is showing splendidly but has a lot more to give and will age exquisitely for many years.
- VINTAGE: 2014
- APPELLATION: Napa Valley
- ALCOHOL: 15.4%
- BARREL AGING: 28 months in 500L French oak puncheons, 100% new.
- PRODUCTION: 155 cases
- HARVEST DATE: September 17, 2014
- WINEMAKER: Philippe Melka
- YIELDS PER ACRE: 1.5 to 2 Tons
- FERMENTATION: French oak puncheons
- COOPERAGE: Demptos, Ermitage, Taransaud